Type of Funding
The World Bank is inviting women micro-entrepreneurs from all over the world to take part in the 2020 SDGs & Her competition, an online competition for women entrepreneurs who are leading micro and small enterprises, to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
The competition aims to:
- Recognize women implementing the SDGs, including women business owners of microenterprises;
- Increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impact on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- Collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular (achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) and to share best practices and innovative ideas.
Winners will receive leadership training and mentoring and will be flown to Washington DC, USA, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2020 , where they will showcase their achievements.
Applicants must be either:
- Women owners of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years, own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees, and have a loan eligibility of under US$10,000 or annual sales of under US$100,000; or
- Women owning a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees, and have a loan eligibility of under US$100,000 or annual sales of under US$3,000,000.
Applicants have to describe their work and link their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs.
Applications are to be done online by 10 January 2020.