Type of Funding
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is making available a limited number of CDU Global Leader Award Scholarships to international students who wish to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate degrees by coursework commencing AY 2020. Applicants should be international students with a track record of academic excellence and high achievement.
The scholarship award covers 25% of the tuition fee for the first year of study and 10% in subsequent years.
The duration of the Scholarship is the minimum time in which the course can be completed or when 1 of the following happens:
- The maximum Scholarship value has been exhausted;
- The scholar has completed the course; or
- The scholar no longer meets the ongoing eligibility of the scholarship.
Ongoing Eligibility refers to the fact that the scholar must meet all the following criteria:
- Continues to be an international student liable for international student fees;
- Pays his/her portion of the tuition fees on or before the payment due date of each semester;
- Maintains satisfactory academic progress each semester with a minimum GPA of 4.5 and with no fail grade in any unit; and
- Maintains a full-time enrolment of 40 credit points (0.5 EFTSL) each semester or have approval to reduce the study load or take a leave of absence for the semester.
Applicants must be commencing students, ie, applying to commence studies in AY 2020. They must meet the University’s academic and English language entry requirements for their chosen course and have a minimum overall score of 70% in their highest completed qualification.
Only international students on a student visa are eligible. Applicants should not be holding another scholarship from an Australian or foreign sponsorship agency.
Applicants have to submit a statement of up to 500 words outlining why they should be awarded a scholarship.
The scholarship application form, which is available online, must be submitted together with the application for admission to a degree program at CDU, by 15 November 2019.