Type of Funding
The University of Adelaide is making available the Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Scholarships for undergraduate students from refugee backgrounds, who are commencing studies in Semester 1, 2019.
All single programs of undergraduate study with a 3-4 year duration are eligible for the scholarships. However, studies in Medicine/Surgery, Dentistry and Veterinary Bioscience programs are ineligible. Double, Combined and Concurrent Degrees are also ineligible.
The University of Adelaide offers Bachelors degree programs in the following fields:
- Arts, Languages, Media, Music, Social Sciences, Teaching and Education
- Computer Science and IT, Engineering, Mathematical Sciences
- Dentistry, Health and Medical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Psychology
- Architecture, Business and Economics, Law
- Agriculture, Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Biology, Biomedical Science and Biotechnology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Food and Nutrition, Physics, Science, Viticulture and Oenology
The scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fees and includes the Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF) Scholarship, for up to 4 years of study. A one-time payment of $2500 will also be given.
Applicants must be holders of a Bridging Visa E (BVE) or Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785) or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV), and must provide evidence of their financial capacity to support themselves through study. Only those who have gained admission to an undergraduate Bachelors level program of study commencing Semester 1, 2019 are eligible. In other words, they have to hold a Letter of Offer, and meet any academic and English language proficiency conditions outlined in that Letter of Offer.
Applications are to be done online by 25 January 2019.