Type of Funding
Yunus&Youth (Y&Y) is inviting passionate young social entrepreneurs running early-stage social businesses to apply for the 6-month Global Fellowship Program for Social Entrepeneurs 2019, which starts in March 2019. The course requires 5 hours of commitment per week and fellows will take an online 6-month crash course in social business development.
Once fellows are selected, they will be connected to experienced business experts that will support them on regular one-on-one mentoring sessions. Such mentoring enables them to start up, grow, become investment ready and create sustainable social impact. Fellows are then immersed in a social business training ground where they receive all the resources they need to develop a strong business plan. Entrepreneurs have access to a wide-scale online platform involving sets of activities based on lean startup principles. The Fellowship Program ends with a Virtual Pitch Competition. Fellows get to work on developing their pitch decks and to present them to real-life social impact investors during an online competition.
The fellowship program enables early-stage young social entrepreneurs to create stronger positive social impact, while also helping them to become financially sustainable.
The fellowship program is provided free of charge. In addition, fellows benefit in the following ways:
- Personalized mentors: each fellow is paired with a one-on-one mentor and together will work to develop a social business throughout the 6-month program.
- Supportive Peers: fellows will meet other driven entrepreneurs from around the world, as each class cohort is made up of fearless young people who provide one another with feedback, connections and support.
- Expert Webinars: hosted by experts from a diverse range of fields including social enterprise, business fundamentals, digital marketing, finance, start-up principles and more.
- Just the Right Resources: the curriculum, resources, tools and exercises are exactly what the entrepreneur needs to take his/her enterprise to the next level.
- Connections: the Y&Y network includes some of the world’s top social impact organizations, international institutions, incubators, and investors.
- Professional Support; and
- Growth: the experience will help to grow social businesses.
Applicants should be passionate young entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas that tackle the world’s most pressing problems. They have to be below 35 years old and running early-stage social businesses. They are visionaries, talented, eager, and proven drivers of change determined to fight major social issues. They have to comfortable speaking and communicating in English, and be able to commit at least 5 hours per week to the program. Individuals from any country can apply for the program.
Applications are to be done online by 18 February 2019.