Type of Funding
The 2019 Women of the Future Awards Southeast Asia are calling for nominations of regional emerging leaders with potential to become tomorrow’s game-changers, in the following 10 categories:
- Arts & Culture
- Community & Public Service
- Media & Communications
- Science, Technology & Digital
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Social Entrepreneur
- Mentor of the Year
The winners of each category will receive their awards and on 21 March 2019 at a Gala Dinner at the Hilton Hotel, Singapore.
Nominees should be women aged 35 or under for the first 9 categories but for the Mentor of the Year category, nominees can be both males and females, of any age. They should be individuals who are disrupting stereotypes and who are driving positive impactful change. They must be citizens and residents of: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste. Singapore or Vietnam.
- Business: Nominees should be dedicated businesswomen who are thriving in South East Asia. Employees of both public, publicly quoted and privately owned organizations are eligible.
- Arts & Culture: Nominees should be rising talents in this creative industry, who are performing artists as well as those behind the scenes. For example, they could be budding actresses, energetic film producers, artists or choreographers.
- Community & Public Service: Nominees should be extraordinary public servants, and charity and volunteer workers. Nominees could also be community-spirited young women in business, philanthropic individuals, entrepreneurs leading positive social action.
- Entrepreneur: Nominees have to be younger entrepreneurs who are really going places. The should be individuals who have already started to build a business (or businesses), and who can show they have the ambition, energy, skill and vision to scale the heights.
- Media & Communications: Eligible nominees are the rising stars among media professionals.
- Professions: Nominees have to be women who are making a significant contribution in the legal, medicine, architecture, accounting, insurance and education professions in the region.
- Science, Technology & Digital: Nominees should be remarkable young females who are forging new ground in scientific endeavours, as well as those with ground-breaking achievements in the worlds of digital and technology.
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure: Nominees have to be female professionals who shape the world through their work in either property, construction or infrastructure.
- Social Entrepreneur: Female altruistic social entrepreneurs who have founded an enterprise focused on achieving sustainable and meaningful social change and who show they have the ambition, energy, skill and vision to positively impact and optimise social value creation, are invited for this category.
- Mentor of the Year: Nominees have to be active mentors behind the successes of younger women in Southeast Asia. This award pays tribute to some of the most influential and unsung heroes and heroines who are forging female talent in the region and nominees could be both men and women, of all ages.
Nominations must be submitted online by 17 October 2018.