Type of Funding
The Water Integrity Network (WIN) is inviting entries for its 2018 photo competition, entitled ‘Where and How does Money Flow in the Water Sector?’.
Entrants are asked to submit up to 2 photos on this theme, examining the relationship between money and water; how it manifests in both cities and rural areas, and how it is affected by integrity. Photographers should consider the following questions:
- How is money allocated for water infrastructure and services?
- What are examples of effective or wasteful money management in the water sector?
- How does an individual’s access to money affect their access to water?
There are 2 categories for this competition: Best Overall Photo and Best Smartphone Photo.
Winners will be announced on World Water Day 2018, 22 March 2018.
Best Overall Photo: 3 prizes will be awarded in this category. The 1st Place winner will receive a US$1,000 voucher for photography equipment. The 2 Runners-Up will each receive a US$250 voucher for photography equipment.
Best Smartphone Photo: Only 1 prize will be awarded, and the Winner will receive a US$100 voucher for smart phone photography equipment.
All members of the public may take part in the competition, but WIN staff and members, as well as their relatives, are ineligible.
Each participant may submit up to a maximum of 2 photographs, in high-resolution images (JPEG/JPG/PNG), along with short captions. The entries have to be original works created solely by the participants.
Entries will be judged on:
- Composition and Aesthetic Quality: the photo must hold the viewer’s attention and show an interesting visual focus.
- Message: the photo should clearly identify a subject which relates to the theme in a thought-provoking and original manner (exclusive of the caption).
- Caption: the caption must explain succinctly the circumstances in which the photo was taken and/or its relevance to water integrity.
Submissions are to be done online by 16 February 2018.