Varying deadlines, ranging from 11 July 2018 to 12 December 2018
Type of Funding
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP) currently has the following internship positions available:
- Several Intern positions in Economic Affairs in the Office of the Executive Secretary, Energy Division, Information and Communications Technology and Disaster Risk Reduction Division, Macroeconomics Policy and Financing for Development Division, Transport Division, and Trade, Investment and Innovation Division (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Administration (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Administration – Graphic Design Environmental Awareness Campaign (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Procurement (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Information Systems & Communication Technology (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Several Intern positions in Environment Affairs in the Sustainable Urban Development and Environment and Development Policy Sections (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Social Sciences-Poverty Reduction, Inequality and Social Protection (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Social Sciences – Population, International Migration, Youth (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Social Sciences – Gender and Disability (Bangkok, Thailand)
- 3 positions in Intern – Statistics (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Intern – Public Information, Intern – Environment Affairs and Intern – Economic Affairs in the ESCAP Subregional Office for East and North-East Asia (Incheon, Republic of Korea)
- Intern – Economic Affairs in the ESCAP Subregional Office for North and Central Asia (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- Intern – Economic and Social Affairs in the ESCAP Subregional Office for South and South-West Asia (New Delhi, India)
- 2 positions in Intern – Statistics in the ESCAP Subregional Office for the Pacific (Suva, Fiji)
- 2 positions in Intern – Economic Affairs in the Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (Incheon, Republic of Korea)
- Intern – Information Systems & Communication Technology in the Centre for the Alleviation of Poverty through Sustainable Agriculture (Beijing, China)
- Intern – Administration in the United Nations Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization (Beijing, China) and
- 2 positions in Intern – Statistics in the Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific (Tokyo, Japan)
The UN ESCAP invites students enrolled in graduate school/PhD programmes, students enrolled in the final year of a first university degree and recent graduates to apply for these internships.
The internship period ranges from 2 to 6 months, and interns work full-time, under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The programme will expose the intern to the day-to-day work, the special missions of ESCAP and multinational work environment of the UN organization, and promote a better understanding of international problems.
Interns are not remunerated. All expenses connected with the internship, such as travel costs, travel arrangements, living accommodation, visas, are the responsibility of the intern or the sponsoring institution. The United Nations will not accept any responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship and the intern, therefore, should have a health insurance coverage.
Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) or enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelors level or equivalent), or are recent university graduates (within 1 year of graduation). If selected, interns must commence the internship within a 1 year period of graduation. Please see the Official Website for specific eligibility requirements for each position.
Interns should not expect employment at the end of the internship and cannot apply for a regular position at the Professional or higher level with the United Nations during the period of the internship and for 6 months after.
Applications are to be done online by the deadlines for the various internship opportunities published on the Official Website. The deadlines for the currently available internships are: 11 Jul 2018, 19 Jul 2018, 25 Jul 2018, 31 Jul 2018, 5 Aug 2018, 7 Aug 2018, 8 Aug 2018, 15 Aug 2018, 27 Aug 2018, 31 Aug 2018, 4 Sep 2018, 13 September 2018, 17 September 2018, 19 September 2018, 30 September 2018, 5 October 2018, 18 October 2018, 25 October 2018, 31 October 2018, 30 November 2018, 7 December 2018 and 12 December 2018.