Varying deadlines, ranging from 30 June 2019 to 31 December 2019
Type of Funding
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP) currently has the internship positions in the:
- Office of the Executive Secretary in Bangkok, Thailand
- Division of Administration in Bangkok, Thailand
- Energy Division in Bangkok, Thailand
- Environment and Development Division in Bangkok, Thailand
- Information and Communications Technology and Disaster Risk Reduction Division in Bangkok, Thailand
- Macroeconomics Policy and Financing for Development Division in Bangkok, Thailand
- Social Development Division in Bangkok, Thailand
- Trade, Investment and Innovation Division in Bangkok, Thailand
- ESCAP Subregional Office for East and North-East Asia in Incheon, Republic of Korea
- ESCAP Subregional Office for North and Central Asia in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- ESCAP Subregional Office for South and South-West Asia in New Delhi, India
- Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology in New Delhi, India
- Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development in Incheon, Republic of Korea
- United Nations Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization in Beijing, China
- Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific in Tokyo, Japan and
- Office of Information and Communications Technology in Bangkok, Thailand.
See the Official Website for details of each specific internship.
Interns are not remunerated. All expenses connected with the internship, such as travel costs, travel arrangements, living accommodation, visas, are the responsibility of the intern or the sponsoring institution. The United Nations will not accept any responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship and the intern, therefore, should have a health insurance coverage.
Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate school programme or PhD programme or enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme, or are recent university graduates (within 1 year of graduation). If selected, interns must commence the internship within a 1 year period of graduation. Please see the Official Website for specific eligibility requirements for each position.
Interns should not expect employment at the end of the internship and cannot apply for a regular position at the Professional or higher level with the United Nations during the period of the internship and for 6 months after.
Applications are to be done online by the deadlines for the various internship opportunities published on the Official Website. The deadlines for the currently available internships are: 30 June 2019, 9 July 2019, 14 July 2019, 31 July 2019, 14 August 2019, 31 August 2019, 15 September 2019, 30 September 2019, 22 October 2019, 31 October 2019, 19 November 2019 and 31 December 2019.