Type of Funding
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is offering 6 traineeship positions for a period of 1 year at its headquarters in Geneva, with various start dates in August or October 2018. The 6 currently available traineeship positions are:
- Traineeship in the Unit for Relations with Arms Carriers – Operational Support Associate (Start date: 1 September 2018);
- Traineeship in the Unit for Relations with Arms Carriers – Thematic Associate (Start date: 1 September 2018);
- Traineeship in the Weapon Contamination Unit (Start date: 1 September 2018);
- Traineeship in the Learning and Development Division (Start date: 1 October 2018);
- Traineeship in the Advisory Service on International Humanitarian Law (Start date: 15 August 2018); and
- Traineeship at the Office of the Director of Communication and Information Management (Start date: 1 October 2018).
Trainees will be recruited on a 12-month paid traineeship contract. The positions are based at ICRC headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. There is no expectancy of extension or any subsequent contract with the ICRC.
See the Official Website for specific eligibility requirements for each traineeship position.
Applications are to be done online. Deadlines are traineeship-specific, ranging from 15 July 2018 to 30 July 2018.