Type of Funding
The Nasser Bin Hamad International Youth Creativity Award is inviting youths from all over the world to submit entries for the 2018 Award, in the following categories and themes:
- Architecture – Theme: “Good design is sustainable. Great design is responsible.”
- Art – Theme: Peace. The theme is inspired by UN Sustainable Development Goal 16, which is to promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies. Entrants should use their imagination to express a peaceful world and portray the change they want.
- Film Making – Entrants can submit any short fiction, short documentary, or animation.
- Graphic Design – Theme: Sea life.
- Photography – Theme: Inspired by SDG 5, which is to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Science – Entrants can submit any scientific project or research.
Contestants are to submit their entries by age group. There are 3 age groups:
- First Age Group: 14 – 17 Years Old (Note: there is no First Age Group for Architecture)
- Second Age Group 18 – 24 Years Old
- Third Age Group 25 – 30 Years Old
First Place winners for the First Age Group will receive US$5,000, except for that of Film Making, who will receive US$7,000. Second Age Group winners will receive US$7000 with the exception of the winner for Film Making, who will receive US$8000. Third Age Group winners will receive US$9,000 with the exception of the winner for Film Making, who will receive US$11,000.
Groups will earn the Cash Prize as a whole, and not per individual.
First Place winners will also receive the NBH Award Trophy, handed to them during the NBH Award Awarding Ceremony by HH Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa. All NBH Award participants will receive an E-Certificate.
The top 3 finalists from each NBH Award Category in each Age Group, will be invited to the Kingdom of Bahrain to attend the NBH Award Awarding Ceremony and all flight and accommodation expenses for the top 3 finalists will be covered.
Participants can be from anywhere in the world. Some categories require participation by individuals only, whilst other categories allow participation by individuals or by group.
A participant can only submit a maximum of 1 entry per category, unless otherwise stated in the category specific rules; however, the participant may participate in more than 1 category.
See the Official Website for all eligibility requirements specific to each category.
Applications are to be done online by 1 September 2018.