Type of Funding
The Maypole Fund provides grants for imaginative, non-violent and politically expressive projects by individual women and women’s groups for the furtherance of peace with justice and environmental safety. There are 2 application cycles in a year and grants will be awarded to 10 to 12 projects per session. Projects must be focused on the following activities:
- action against the arms trade
- action against nuclear weapons and weapons systems;
- creating a culture of peace and the prevention of conflict and war; and/or
- action to support disarmament policies, processes and related initiatives.
The grant amount is up to £750.
Applicants must be individual women or women’s groups. Applications must fall within 1 of the abovementioned 5 focuses and fulfil 1 or more of the following 5 criteria:
- Young women’s groups/individuals and lesbian groups/individuals;
- Activities or projects not yet started
- Women who do not have access to other sources of funding or whose projects find it difficult to attract funding from elsewhere
- Imaginative/creative activities; and/or
- Individual and small women’s groups are preferred over larger established women’s groups.
The Fund does not make contributions to general funding, or give grants to individual women living in the global North to attend courses/conferences or to travel for personal interest.
Applications are to be done online by 31 January 2018 or by 30 June 2018.