Type of Funding
Stratleade offers up to 3 scholarships every year to support eligible students to undertake the Masters in the Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability (MSLS) programme at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) in Karlskrona, Sweden.
Scholars will receive grants of up to US$5,000 to augment living, travel, and academic supplies associated with participation in the MSLS programme.
Applicants will be considered if they are accepted to the autumn intake for the upcoming academic year at MSLS at Blekinge Institute of Technology. Applicants must be from countries listed as “Low”, “Medium” or “High” on the United Nations Human Development Index.
Applicants have to submit an essay of 1,000 words or less detailing why they should be considered exceptional. In their essay, they have to include the following 5 points:
- The attributes/goals/skills/attitudes/etc. that make the applicant an ideal recipient of the grant.
- Describe the financial need for this scholarship, especially if participation in the MSLS programme is dependent on receiving the grant. Those who have overcome financial need previously to achieve a goal are asked to describe their experiences.
- The means by which the candidate would go about helping to raise money for this grant programme in the future.
- How the candidate would support the Masters programme and promote strategic sustainable development in the future.
- The one thing the candidate would like the scholarship selection committee to remember about him/her.
Applicants granted a scholarship through the Swedish Institute (SI) or other scholarships that cover the full cost of studying in Sweden, are required to forfeit their StratLeade grant.
Applications are to be submitted via email by 15 May 2019.