Type of Funding
RMIT University is offering the RMIT Humanitarian Visa Scholarship to holders of a humanitarian visa in Australia who are commencing or continuing in a certificate IV, diploma, advanced diploma, associate degree or Bachelors degree in Semester 1 2020 at RMIT University in Melbourne.
The scholarship award is $5000 per year for the standard full-time duration of the study program. The continuation of the scholarship each semester is subject to meeting satisfactory academic performance.
Applicants must be holders of a current Australian permanent humanitarian visa (PHV) and should not be holding Australian citizenship. They should be commencing or continuing in a full-time certificate IV, diploma, advanced diploma, associate degree or Bachelors degree in Semester 1, 2020 at RMIT University in Melbourne. Those who are undertaking part-time studies will be considered only in extenuating circumstances.
Applicants have to be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low-income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card;
- having a long-term medical condition or disability which will affect their studies;
- previously or currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state;
- experiencing difficult family or social circumstances;
- relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT; and/or
- completing their secondary education at a School Network Access Program school.
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). It is preferred that candidates apply online direct to RMIT, by the scholarship deadline, which is 13 October 2019.