Type of Funding
Peace First, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping young people around the world to become powerful peacemakers, is inviting young people around the world to apply for the Peace First Mini-Grants to help them start projects to correct injustices in their communities and around the world.
Peace First does this by investing in their ideas and providing them with the tools and skills to start their projects. To become a Peacemaker, participants have to first register to be part of the Peace First community, after which they can browse the website, meet other peacemakers, check out some projects and then begin their peacemaking journey by starting a project.
There are 5 stages to the Peacemaking Journey:
- Choosing an injustice
- Understanding through compassion
- Starting the project planning
- Taking action and
- Reflecting and Sharing their stories.
Up to US$250 mini-grants will be given to support each peacemaker with his/her project.
Peacemakers will also benefit from:
- Gaining access to tools that help them create a peacemaking project, step by step;
- Getting online mentors and groups can provide feedback and answer questions;
- Sharing their stories and accomplishments through project pages; and
- Celebration of their work with an international audience.
Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 24 with peacemaking projects.
All youths between these ages are welcome to join the Peace First community and begin peacemaking in their own communities.
Applications can be done online at any time.