Type of Funding
The Japan Water Forum (JWF) is calling for grass-roots organizations in developing countries involved in resolving water-related problems, to apply for its JWF Fund 2018. Seven to 8 projects will be selected to receive the grants.
Approved projects have to start as soon as the grants are received, which will be the end of September 2018, and the activity in the field should be completed by the end of February 2019.
Grants of up to US$1,000 per project will be awarded.
Only local grassroots organizations in eligible least developed countries, other low-income countries and lower middle-income countries as defined in the DAC List of ODA Recipients by OECD (see the Official Website for all eligible countries) can apply for funding of projects falling under the following themes:
- Construction/repair of rainwater harvesting tank, well, and water reservoir
- Installation of small-scale type water supply system
- Construction/repair of sanitation facility
- Maintenance/improvement of water resource environment
- Installation/promotion of water efficiency irrigation system, and
- Implementation of water-related disaster risk reduction/mitigation program
The project should include awareness-raising programs or training programs for capacity building and sustainability of the project. National governments, local governments and private companies are ineligible.
Application forms are available online. Applications are to be submitted via email by 31 July 2018.