Type of Funding
The University of Sussex is making available 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships for international (non-UK/EU) students, with excellent grades, who are undertaking full-time eligible Masters programmes starting AY 2019/20.
The scholarships are for full-time Masters taught programmes. However, the following courses are not eligible:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- Any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
The scholarships amount to 50% off the international student tuition fee.
Scholarship applicants must have accepted a place on a full-time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2019. They have to be students paying fees at the “overseas” tuition fee rate, which is the non-EU rate. They must have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent) and have clear and specific goals with defined links to the course they are undertaking.
Applicants must provide a statement of academic interests and expand on information regarding their drive and ambitions, their potential for positive impact when they return to their home country and any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activity that relate to their ambitions and/or chosen course.
Applications are to be done online by 1 May 2019.