Type of Funding
BRAC (Building Resources Across Communities), a development organisation dedicated to alleviating poverty by empowering the poor, is inviting young professionals from BRAC operating countries who are interested in development work, to apply for the BRAC Young Professionals Programme.
As part of their training in national and international development, Young Professionals will be placed in the following areas:
- Field attachments with BRAC’s development and support programmes in remote locations of the following BRAC International countries: Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Myanmar
- Classroom-based training on development programs and managerial skills at BRAC’s headquarters in Bangladesh
- Visits to development programs and social enterprises in Bangladesh
- Short-term assignment with a specific programme, and
- Given coaching and mentoring: A mentor will be allocated to each YP
After going through the training, Young Professionals will be given appointments in different BRAC programs and will be given the opportunity to fast track their careers towards managerial positions across BRAC International.
Salary is negotiable.
Applicants must be citizens of BRAC operating countries (see the Official Website for eligible countries), who are 23 to 30 years of age. They must possess at least a Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline from a reputed university with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (in a scale of 4.0) or 4.5 (in a scale of 5.0). Work experience of 2 to 3 years is desirable, but not a necessity.
They have to be proficient in English, and committed to improving the lives of people in their country, as well as ready to serve in field assignments in remote locations. Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are required. They need to be flexible and able to work in different areas of the organisation and willing to uphold the BRAC values of integrity, innovation, inclusiveness and effectiveness.
Applications are to be done online by 9 October 2016.