Type of Funding
The African Development Bank Group is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. AfDB is inviting applications for the 2018 Internship Program commencing 4 June 2018. Internships will take place at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, or in any 1 of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centres. The internship shall be for a period not less than 3 months and not more than 6 months. AfDB will recruit 60 interns for 2018.
The Bank aims to select candidates possessing professional degrees in the below disciplines for the 2018 Internship Program:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
- Agriculture, Human and Social Development;
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization;
- Economy, Statistics;
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporates Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management;
- Audit, Anti-corruption;
- Communication & External Relations;
- Public Relations;
Interns will be paid a monthly stipend. However, interns have to be responsible for their airfare to and from the location of their internship, their living expenses, their visa if needed and medical insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
Applicants must be citizens of 1 of the Bank’s member countries and must be university students, aged between 18 and 30 years, who possess a Bachelors Degree and are currently enrolled in a Masters degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. Those who have obtained a Masters degree in the preceding 1 year are also eligible. Applicants must be fluent in, at least, 1 of the Bank’s working languages (English or French), and with a working knowledge of the other.
Preference will be given to those with the following abilities:
- Ability to leverage knowledge
- Ability to share knowledge
- Adaptability to multicultural settings
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations
- Experience on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
Applications are to be done online by 6 April 2018.